As part of the changes on West 38th Avenue, about three blocks between Teller and High Court (on the south side of W. 38th) will have angled parking. Drivers will back-in to these spaces and then pull out head first.
Advantages of back-in parking include:
- Better visibility for drivers.
- Quicker and safer entry into traffic flow.
- Simpler than a parallel parking maneuver.
- Convenient and safe to load and unload.
- Safer for bicyclists since drivers can see them when exiting the space.
Visit the City's website for more information and to view a short video showing how it works in Wheat Ridge.