The July 2012 38th Avenue Corridor Newsletter is now available for download by clicking here. Highlights of this edition include:
- Street Improvements Taking Shape - pop-up cafe's have been installed in front of DragonFly Cafe, Right Coast Pizza, and Cebiche Peruvian Restaurant and planters have been placed along the corridor.
- Bicycle Travel Rolls Forward - bike lanes have been added between Upham and Pierce
- Art Gallery Opens - the Teller Street Gallery & Studios has opened at 38th & Teller.
For more information regarding the 38th Avenue Corridor plans, visit the City of Wheat Ridge's 38th Avenue webpage.
Posted: under Wheat Ridge 2020, Wheat Ridge Business, Wheat Ridge Community.
Tags: 38th Avenue, 38th Avenue Corridor Plan, Cebiche, DragonFly Cafe, Right Coast Pizza, Teller Street Gallery, Wheat Ridge
Jul 16 2012
Nominations are now open for you to honor the best in Wheat Ridge Business for the City’s 9th Annual Business Appreciation Awards Program. This year you’ll be able to nominate businesses for three categories. Citizens and businesses are encouraged to nominate Wheat Ridge based businesses in one or more of the following categories:
• Business of the Year – This award recognizes a business that exemplifies the ‘Best in Business’ that represents the values of our community.
• Reinvestment – This award recognizes a business that has demonstrated one or more of the following: made a significant investment in its property, improved the overall appearance of the site, maintained property at the highest standards, or updated their building in a manner to make it more marketable.
• City Council’s Partnership – This award gives the City Council an opportunity to recognize a company for their overall contributions to the City. It incorporates criteria from all award categories as well as contributions in volunteerism, leadership, and community investment/involvement.
Anyone wishing to nominate a Wheat Ridge business for an award this year should go to the Economic Development page of the City’s website at www.ci.wheatridge.co.us to print a nomination form. Forms are also available at City Hall, the Public Library and the Recreation Center. All nominations for the Annual Business Awards Program must be received by Friday, August 31, 2012.
Posted: under Wheat Ridge 2020.
Tags: Business development, businesss appreciation, economic development, Wheat Ridge
Jul 16 2012
LiveWell Wheat Ridge needs your input. In order to gather input from the community about bike parking needs on 38th Avenue between Upham and Pierce, please take a brief (1-2 mins) survey by logging on to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XGTNDKJ by July 31. Please pass on this link to partners, residents, visitors, etc. that value using two wheels to travel on the corridor.
Posted: under E-news, Wheat Ridge Business, Wheat Ridge Community.
Tags: 38th Avenue, bike mobility, LiveWell Wheat Ridge, Wheat Ridge
Jul 16 2012